Differentiating between a real soulmate vs. someone who is not a soulmate can be difficult. Signs of a soulmate include a deep connection, the feeling of completeness and sharing the same values and goals. A soulmate brings out the best in you and unconditionally supports your growth. On the other hand, someone who is not your soulmate may bring out negativity and the relationship may feel forced or one-sided. It’s important to recognize these signs to avoid settling for someone who doesn’t truly bring happiness and fulfillment into your life.
The following are signs someone is not your soulmate:
1. If the person you believe is your soulmate doesn’t feel the connection, they may not be your soulmate. While soulmates can deny the existence of the connection at times, in this instance the person is genuinely rejecting the connection. If they genuinely reject what you believe is a connection, the relationship becomes one-sided. It’s important to pay attention to their feelings and try not to force a connection that isn’t there. If they don’t feel the same connection, it may be time to accept they’re not your soulmate.
2. If the only way you connect with someone is through physical intimacy, it may be a sign they’re not your soulmate. Physical attraction doesn’t necessarily denote a spiritual or emotional connection. Soulmates can have great chemistry, but attraction alone is not enough to sustain a lasting, meaningful relationship.
3. If you find yourself unable to maintain a consistent, healthy relationship with someone, it’s a sign they’re probably not your soulmate. Some soulmates will run from the connection and can become on/off relationships. While soulmates can experience ups and downs in their relationship, true love should ultimately endure. It can be easy to confuse a tumultuous relationship with a soulmate connection because dysfunctional relationships also fall into the on/off pattern. Ultimately, if you can’t build a stable, supportive partnership with someone, it’s unlikely they’re your soulmate.
4. If someone brings out the worst in you, they may not be your soulmate. You might find yourself doing all the wrong things because you know they’re not the right person for you. Don’t ignore this behavior, and make excuses for it, because you believe they’re your soulmate. Take responsibility for your actions and reconsider whether this person is a good match for you. Remember a true soulmate will inspire you to be your best self, not the worst version of yourself.
5. The last sign they’re not your soulmate is that they’re false from the beginning. They will say and do all the right things, pretend to be someone they are not and create this whirlwind relationship with a purpose. Sadly, their only purpose is to dump you at a certain point, when they get what they want. All the things they say, they never mean. It’s just a façade. They aren’t truly invested in the relationship and only using it as a means to an end. They know they will never deliver the plans they talk about in the beginning. They just like the whirlwind part that happens in the beginning. They know they’re going to let you down whenever it’s time to take the relationship to another level or when their ex comes back. This realization can be painful, but it’s important to move on and find someone who is genuine and truly meant for you.
Recognizing a true soulmate can be a difficult task, but it’s crucial to identify them early on to prevent potential negative outcomes. True love means not compromising your ideals, values and beliefs and having a strong connection that goes beyond physical attraction. Being with the right person can bring happiness and fulfillment while being in the wrong relationship can lead to emotional distress. Being mindful of the signs that reveal if someone is truly a soulmate is crucial for your emotional well-being.
Authors: Sophia Elise & Lady Sarah