Our world is certainly turned topsy-turvy at the moment. There is definitely an issue with the coronavirus, and I understand that people’s nerves & psyches are frayed. However, I wanted to pass along some tips that will help with your spiritual hygiene and to stay emotionally centered during this difficult time.
Now I certainly understand that many people are at risk and many others are directly affected by the coronavirus. However, for most people in the world, the chance of getting something is fairly low. My concern as a Psychic Medium is it not the coronavirus but the virus of *fear* that is spreading like wildfire throughout the world. Sometimes this psychological virus is even worse than the actual germs themselves. So, I wanted to offer these few things to keep yourself emotionally safe and sound.
- Please don’t listen to the media 24 hours a day. Find some time, whether it’s on your car ride in the morning or at night before you go to bed, to just have some quiet time. Read a fun book, cook something nutritious or just meditate and sit in the silence. This news fast allows your mind, and especially your heart, to have a breather. Listening to CNN or other stations saying the sky is falling over and over again just amps up our anxiety. And while it’s certainly important to be vigilant, wash hands and not hang around with people who appear sick, it is also equally important to not live in a fear-based mindset all the time. Living in this fear-based mindset causes stress, stress causes inflammation and inflammation can lead to disease. Now of course I’m not a doctor, but allowing yourself to be in this place of fear makes it so much more difficult for your body to fight off any germs or viruses should you encounter them. Please allow yourself to take some time away from the media and just be.
- Get yourself out in nature! Even if you just sit outside on your stoop or take a little stroll it’s so, so important to be out in the fresh air. Look up at the sky, the trees or anything natural. Allow yourself to take the deep cleansing breath and just be in the moment. Like your grandmother might’ve said “the fresh air will do you good” and this is still true!! Just being in nature allows us to reconnect to our soul selves. All the anxiety producing facts that we get from the media stirs up our ego self and puts us in that constant cycle of worry. Don’t become a victim to social media. Get outside with your kids, your dog or even by yourself. Take a walk to the corner instead of using your car. Don’t say I’ll do it later. Do it now. Your soul needs this.
- Especially before bed, you want to make sure you turn off your phone, tablet, computer etc. I know it’s so tempting for us to lie in bed all snuggly and warm and be scrolling social media on our phone. Sometimes I am guilty as charged as well. However, during these uncertain times, getting proper sleep is incredibly important. Light from the TV or other electronics makes it difficult for you to fall asleep quickly. Anybody who suffers from insomnia probably already knows this. So be sure to allow yourself some quiet time (at least an hour) before bed without any of the electronic light. Make yourself a cup of tea, warm milk or whatever will help get you in the relaxed mood. Sleeping also helps your immune system be stronger to fight off anything that may come your way.
- Now this one might not be everybody’s thing but honestly, it’s so important. To meditate. Now that doesn’t mean you have to sit cross-legged and ohm like a monk (but you can if you like!). Meditation could be quietly walking outside while turning your intention inward. A meditation can be done while washing the dishes. Pay close attention to the dishes – focus on what you’re doing each second and breathe deeply and slowly. Meditation is simply slowing down your mind and being in the present moment. This allows your mind to not focus on the “what if’s” and all the worries we deal with daily. If you are comfortable in this meditative state I encourage you to invite in your spirit guides, angels, ascended masters or anyone you would like to work with. Ask them to help you through this difficult time with grace, ease and gratitude.
- And finally, I encourage everyone when they get up in the morning to make a statement that goes something like “I am Safe. I am Whole. I am Healthy.” This can be your mantra throughout the day that you can repeat anytime you feel like you are getting caught up in the news, social media or other fears and worries. Feel free to touch your index finger to your thumb as you do this. This grounds the thought into the physical and keeps it as a reminder for yourself throughout the day. You can also add your gratitude prayers at this time as well. Reminding ourselves that no matter how bleak things may look, there are always things to be thankful for.
- You may also, at the same time, surround yourself with a golden ball of light that encompasses you & your entire home. Thus, setting the intention that this golden ball of light keeps you safe, grounded and in your body. It is essential to stay in your physical body and not in your head when all this fear and negative energy is swirling around the planet.
- My final tip is – Every time you find yourself getting in your head and starting to worry, set the intention that this golden ball of light keeps you safe, grounded and in your body. Every time you find yourself getting in your head and starting to freak out do this: Take a deep breath and allow the breath to rise to the top of your head and roll down your back. As the breath rolls down your back, find yourself sinking deeper and deeper into your body. As you exhale, exhale out all the tension & stress and allow yourself to remain in your body, feeling yourself centered & calm in your heart area. This is a good exercise to bring you back to self every time you start to worry.
I hope these tips provide you with some comfort and some tools to get through this current health crisis we find ourselves in. Just know that despite how bleak things may look sometimes, this too shall *actually* pass and things will be back to the way they were.
Make some time to spend with your loved ones and practice the upmost self-care. As always, I send you all my love and blessings.
Author: Mari Cartagenova https://bestamericanpsychics.com/advisor/mari-cartagenova